Monday, November 16, 2009

Collecting Data

I have decided to trace the footsteps of five girls living under one roof to see how small (or potentially large) their mental maps are. I have made them little packages which include a set of instructions and a map for each day folded down to pocket size. On each day I ask the girls a different question relating to sound, by doing so I hope to get them more involved in the data collecting process and to ask them to consider more closely their sound surroundings.

The kinds of questions I ask them are...

What did you hear when you woke up today?

What did you hear whilst travelling today?

What did you hear whilst working today?

What did you hear when relaxing? (and are you relaxing!)

What noises were you startled by?

What did you overhear?

What did you hear when you went to sleep today?

No comments:

Post a Comment